|5||Last Date to Apply||–|
- Location: West Midlands, West Midlands
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary:£65 – £70 a day
Are you a graduate with an acute social conscience? Do you feel troubled knowing that a child’s future is affected by the amount their parents earn?
Do you believe that it’s unfair that young people born into poorer families find it virtually impossible to achieve the same success as their peers, and you feel compelled to do something to help?
Widely reported, the link between low income and low academic attainment is something that our schools are battling to overcome and i-teachers are looking for graduate talent to work in a support role in schools to help these young people.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Graduate Learning Mentor Role
- Paid £65 – £70 a day
- Interviews mid-June – shortlisting now!
- Supporting in your subject specialism or in specific pastoral interventions
- You will be leading interventions for a focus group of students who display additional barriers to learning
- Their barriers could be behavior, emotional, personal development and academic
- You will be working with students who mostly come from disadvantaged backgrounds, who need extra support to succeed and flourish
- As a Learning Mentor, you should be able to work with a range of pupils from varied backgrounds and abilities
- You will need to be patient, resilient and enthusiastic
- If you have a passion and drive to make a difference then this could be for you!
- It is essential you have a 2.1 or above, preferably in core subject
- You will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to engage the students you would be working with either a group or 1:1 basis
- You will be responsible for leading these sessions and have the opportunity to prepare your own resources and sessions once you feel that you have a better insight into your school
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- A range of schools in Central Birmingham and surrounding West Midlands area
- The schools we work with have a range of students with varied backgrounds, cultures, and ambitions
- They are looking for ambitious graduates to join their teams, to develop into the next outstanding teachers
- All our schools offer excellent training and development opportunities, with the opportunity to gain more responsibility as you become more confident
- Many of the schools we work with have their own teacher training programme